|// GENERAL DATA
|Medium (2048×2048 m2)
|August 14, 2015
|Smartly Dressed Games
|Harsh, freezing territory in North-West Canada. Barren frozen wasteland scattered with camps and cabins. Tourist attractions include skiing, skating and train spotting. Recommended for experienced adventurers.
Yukon is a playable map in Unturned (version 3). It is a rather barren, snowy survival map. It is often snowing, and the weather will occasionally turn into a harsher blizzard that can cause players to freeze to death. Hostile animals roam the wilderness, and there are very few locations of interest. At night, the aurora borealis can be seen.
The Yukon map introduced temperature mechanics into the game. Survivors should wear clothing, stay in sheltered areas, or stand near heat sources.
List of marked locations
|A vast bay that has been frozen over. There is an unnamed island in the bay, and a capsized ship.
|An airstrip south of Whitehorse, with only the most basic of necessary facilities.
|A lake that has been frozen over, with a single lodge. Functionally, it is a small campsite of sorts.
|A steep valley with two bridges running over it, and a derailed train.
|A mountain with a ski resort at the top, lodge at the bottom, and a nonfunctional ski lift system across.
|A Scorpion-7 research facility with biodomes, mobile laboratories, and a helicopter landing area.
|A creek that has been frozen over, with lodges on opposite ends. It is a small campsite of sorts.
|The capital city, and only city. A variety of different low-end loot can be found at the town.
List of unmarked locations
|An abandoned barn forgotten by Yukon's citizens. Camp items may be found inside.
|The crash site of an AC-130, located near the Dawson Airstrip.
|Two unnamed campgrounds along the coast of Beaufort Bay.
|Capsized cargo ship
|A capsized Scorpion-7 cargo vessel, which can be looted for research equipment.
|The collapsed entrance to a mineshaft. A hotspot for metal boulders and high-end construction equipment.
|A Big J Eco Fuel gas station found along the road near Ibex Valley.
|Several igloos found packed close together. Nothing can be looted from the area.
|A small RCMP outpost with a cabin and wooden watchtower.
|A mansion with multiple sawmill facilities.
|A deadzone located along the ski lifts of Mount Logan, caused by a Scorpion-7 helicopter crash. A mega zombie may spawn.
|A small, unnamed island in the Beaufort Bay. There is a dock and a small cabin.
|Spoilers are ahead.
|This area contains spoilers. Major lore details are ahead; do not read on unless you wish to read the spoilers.
While the Scorpion-7 team in PEI was being relocated, the facility in the Yukon was working on the "hallucinogenic weapons" contract for Big J. Dr. Behan, a member of the PEI team, was reassigned to the Yukon facility. The facility had already begun testing on wildlife before Dr. Behan's reassignment.
Dr. Behan was received well by the Yukon team. Following his integration into the team, headquarters sends the Yukon facility new contract work for the executives at Big J. The project has an unknown consumer application to Dr. Behan, and the contract work is split up between several laboratories.
- Welcome to Yukon
- Find your way to the Yukon.
- Santa's Little Helper
- Deliver all of Santa's undelivered gifts during the winter holiday festivities.
- The map is based on the Yukon, the smallest and westernmost of Canada's three federal territories.
- Before its addition, it was referred to as the "Arctic map" in a Trello card.
- The Trello card briefly described the experienced the map would provide players, and the new assets and mechanics planned to be created for the map: "A blizzardy location deep in the mountains. This will make use of the snow system in the editor, and offer a much tougher survival experience compared to PEI. There will be far fewer locations save a crash site where the player spawns and some outposts in favor of the outdoors experience. This will hopefully lead to more snow assets, traps and new animals."
- Many new items, vehicles, and objects came with the introduction of the Yukon map. The designs for some of this content, particularly the Scorpion-7 assets, were inspired by the LEGO City Arctic sets.