Game version is now 220.127.116.11 for version 3, and 2.2.5 for classic.
Unturned (version 3)
- A Steam beta branch for version 3 can be accessed by decoding a Morse code message added to version 2.2.5 of Unturned (classic).
- Servers require a starting port, plus two.
- Place basic spawn points in the level editor.
- More information is saved between play sessions, and servers have a better save structure.
- Player's inventory is now saved in
- Clothes, inventory, movement, looking and stances are synced across the server.
- Assets are loaded in much more efficiently, and per-asset data is stored externally from packages which makes editing them simpler.
- Server anti-cheat protection is stronger, and blocks more exploits.
- Server auto-kick tool is more effective.
- New and more optimized player model, with ragdolls and a more consistent texture-to-surface ratio.
- New animation system allowing shared animations between first- and third-person.
- Players can wear a hat, glasses, mask, backpack, vest, shirt and pants at the same time.
- Added the AR32, and attachments are visible on dropped weapons.
- Servers can be hosted in in secure, insecure, or LAN modes. Banned players can still play on insecure servers.
- Hosts can blacklist, whitelist, and kick players from the dedicated console, or by adding their names to the whitelist/blacklist files.
- Hosts can give other players admin powers on the server.
- Bans and kicks can have specified reasons, and specific durations.
- Integrated rich presence API for playing on maps, editing maps, or being on the menu. Players can join each other through Steam invites or friends list.
- Level editor supports eight ground materials (two splatmaps) at a time, with 4× resolution, as well as the ability to mark which materials have grass and rock details.
- The details tab allows you to configure all your grass and rocks.
- The inventory uses a new and more modular grid-based system.
- Clothing can be used for additional inventory space.
- Players can create and customize multiple uniquely individual characters, with a name, appearance, and specialty.
- Every player on the server gets allocated a unique 16-bit identity associated with their Steam account.
- Massive optimizations.
- Dedicated servers on the Steam server list.
- VAC anti-cheat integration.
- Better networking for servers.
- Modify the day-night cycle with the level editor.
- Moon cycle for nighttime.
- Road tool in the level editor, with different road textures.
- Objects can now be imported through the editor and spawned into the level.
- Items have physics when dropped.
- Inventory items render icons from the actual model, allowing attachments to be seen on the weapon.
- Build loot tables in the level editor.
- Import trees into the terrain tool and generate them onto the terrain automatically.
- Framework for felled tree physics.
- Levels can be as small as 500 × 500 m.
- Items have a "quality" attribute for wear and tear.
- Level data is stored more efficiently, taking up less space.
- Windows and macOS builds of the game are generated more efficiently.
- Tools in the level editor for texture painting, copy/pasting objects, and adjusting sun color.
- Fog shader.
- Many new objects for use from the level editor, and higher-fidelity assets compared to Unturned (classic).
- Options list for monitor resolutions, as opposed to a slider.
- Server list from the "Play" menu.
- Various performance improvements.
- Loading screens.
- Additional character customization options.
- Initial set of console commands.
- The radio tower broadcasts a series of Morse code flashes. When decoded, it translates to "OPERATIONMAPLELEAF".
Unturned - Permanent Gold Upgrade
- Gold members get extra character slots in Unturned (version 3).
- Customize the color of your player character's hair and skin with RGB inputs in Unturned (version 3).