|This page provides official documentation.|
|This page is officially maintained by Smartly Dressed Games, and serves as documentation to walk you through a specific task or feature.|
|S||This is an article stub.|
|This article is lacking in information. You can assist by expanding it.|
The Unturned II Dev Kit is a modified version of the Unreal Engine 4 development kit, and is the central modding tool.
- Unreal Engine 4
- Particle effects are made in the Niagara Editor.
- Autodesk Maya
- Character rig: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10gEpc4gYbOsK_jQMe1aHQ2zUQEdyn5eD/view
- Character and weapon mesh: https://drive.google.com/file/d/117d48KCn22OJFFEmWAScF8jlmstra0CH/view
- U4-Maya plugin: https://github.com/SmartlyDressedGames/U4-Maya
- Fire station prop: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-1-1ukv2PvtrP963VTe0U0NLQPAC-mmr/view
Nelson's 4.0 modding info page :)
Designing this for personal reference as well as modder reference, so it will be consistently up-to-date. This is not done
Sorry for the mess Molton hehe
- Rail systems
- Creating meshes + animations: Denizen setup
- Inventory (Item menu builders)
- All static meshes should be inside blueprints, even if they do not require additional data.
- Normal maps are not currently being used.
- Animating meshes inside of Unreal Engine is acceptable.
- Public access to the car mesh, alongside proper car documentation, will be released sometime soon.
- Building LODs are being created manually. For anything else, if the results are good enough with Unreal's automatic LOD generation then that is suitable.
- All mods should have a top-level folder for its content similar to how Unturned II's content is stored in a top-level folder named "UE4".
- Roads and tunnels are built using splines.
- Most objects should only need two LODs.
- Unturned II will have no visually openable containers except for a few specific static props.
- Destructible props are planned.